Department of Chemistry
The department was set up in the year 1978 with the introduction of Science at Pre –degree level. The department got a fillip in the year 1999 with the starting of UG course. The discipline inculcates the spirit of enquiry, the basic technic of everything in the universe.
The BSc Chemistry offered by the department has Mathematics and Physics (From 2020-21 academic year onward) as complementary subjects.
The department has been producing very good academic results. As part of the extension activities, the department conducts soil testing,water analysis, Open House programmes etc.
To propagate scientific method among students to prepare them for a changing and challenging world and also to bring up a community of talented chemists with a great sense of responsibility towards mankind.
• To provide quality education and build up work skills in students through innovative teaching methods.
• To conduct versatile programs that provide opportunity to students in strengthening their leadership qualities.
• To ensure that students from weaker sections of the society get equal opportunities thereby minimizing social inequality.
• To take remedial measures for slow learners so as to bring them up in the academic achievements.
• To identify financially weak ones and support them through scholarship schemes.
• To provide wide career exposure to students so as to enable them to select the best.
• To conduct outreach programs and extension activities for the benefit of the local community.
• To help students solve their problems and to motivate them to become value oriented citizens, though tutorial system.