The college was started in 1972 as a second grade college with just two Pre-degree batches - [Group III [Humanities] and 1V [Commerce] and started functioning in a building of the Director of Public Instruction at Down Hill, Malappuram which continued till it was shifted to the present site in 1981. The realization of the college due to Janab C. H. Mohammed Koya, the then minister for Education, Government of Kerala, whose dedication, involvement and enthusiasm primarily contributed for it.
List of Programmes:
The Courses offered by this institution demonstrate the inquisitiveness, plurality and the scientific temper of the region. Catering to the higher educational requirements of the society, these courses provide to their stakeholders ample opportunity to get familiarise themselves with the basics and the emerging paradigms the discipline.
The college is affiliated to University of Calicut and the college has been strictly following the rules and regulations of the university.As an affiliated College, the courses and curriculum has been solely determined by the University Presently 1148 students are doing various courses . We have 16 departments and 80 staffers .